Yes, they exist and they taste amazing – even better than traditional ones.
This recipe of little jelly donuts turns your childhood favorite into a tasty treat.
Little jelly donuts (German: Husarenkrapfen)
- 150 g butter – take the butter out of the fridge first and let it soften!
- 2 egg yolks
- 75 g sugar
- 1 scratched vanilla pod or 1 packet of vanilla sugar (about 10gr.)
- 1 pinch salt
- 225 g gluten free flour
- 75 g ground hazelnuts
- 100 g of raspberry jelly,
- Icing sugar
- Take the butter out of the fridge in time to let it soften.
- Mix the scratched vanilla or vanilla sugar with the butter, the sugar, the egg yolks and a pinch of salt to a smooth mass.
- Sift the flour over it and add the hazelnuts. Now knead everything into a compact dough by hand.
- Form the dough into a package and wrap in cling film. Let rest for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Remove a small amount from the dough with a spoon and roll balls of the same size between two hands.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet with baking paper. Leave a gap between them, they will go up.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees top / bottom heat.
- Use a wooden spoon handle to press a little hole into the balls.
- Mix the raspberry jelly a little and pour into a squeeze bottle. Put the jelly in the wells.
- Bake the donuts in the middle rack for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar after a few minutes and then let it cool down.